These Pot holders can be used as pot holders or trivets. They feature six layers of fabric and batting, and a realistic crust can be produced from tea-dyed muslin. An extra wide bias binding made from the "pie tin" fabric wraps from front to back. The rick rack edging represents the crimped crust we always found on grandma Dot's pies.
Enclosed pattern scaled for 9in Hot Pads.
Fabric and Supplies Needed: the following is enough for 2-3 hot pads
- 1 Fat Quarter Fruit Fabric for "pie filling" (check out out selection of fruit fabrics)
- 1/4 yard Tea Dye Muslin for "lattice"
- 1/3 yard Grey Fabric for "pie tin"
- 1/3 yard Insul Bright Fleece
- 1/3 yard Cotton Batting
- 1/2 yard Muslin or Flannel for lining
- 2 yards Rick Rack for "crust"