Called "patternlets", these patterns designed by The Woden Bear are small quick appliques to use in a variety of projects. The instructions included are specifically for tea towels but that doesn't mean they can't be used just as well in projects like a pillows or wallhangings. You can even use different patternlets together in one project.
This particular patternlet features a winter theme - a snowman father and son.
What you need:
- 1 tea towel
- Scraps of fabric for snowman, snow, and tree
- 7 micro mini buttons for eyes and coal pieces
- 1 ivory star button
- Matching threads for stitching applique pieces
- Black thread for stitching mouth
- Pearl cotton threads of choice for stitching scarf ends and "starshine"
- Heat n Lite or other fusible web material
- Applique press sheet (optional but extremely helpful
Designd by Kelly Mueller